Whether you’re going through renovation of a single wing or a ground-up construction, no one wants to waste money. Here’s 5 ways I’d suggest our to our customer to make their lives easier — and maybe make the bottom line easier to swallow.
1. Pay now — not later. One of the easiest ways to save money is to reduce your flooring’s life-cycle cost. Every floor eventually needs maintenance of some type, and the labor and materials to do that need to be part of your overall equation. Great flooring can be expensive, but most commercial buildings have aesthetic and functional needs that usually make “bargain” flooring a costlier choice down the road.
2. Explore new options. The latest can also be the greatest; rubber flooring, for example, really just came online in the last few years and has become a game-changer in terms of its durability and antimicrobial qualities.
3. Get the right product for the right application. Some areas of your building aren’t going to require the same flooring as other. There’s a product called Luxury Vinyl Tile that’s really hot in the healthcare industry right now, with a wear layer that doesn’t have to be waxed and a warm, less-institutional-looking wood grain appearance that’s extremely durable.
4. Take advantage of new technologies. Digital imaging technology today has reached the point where it doesn’t just look great, but looks consistently great from lot to lot and even from carton to carton. The issue of color variance between “dye lots” has been a concern in our industry for years, but the new technology virtually eliminates this — making flooring products easier to install and a whole lot easier to go back and repair.
5. Use a high-quality contractor from the start. Everyone’s heard horror stories, but keeping them from happening to you starts with ensuring the right specs are followed on your project; it protects your investment, like an insurance policy. If it’s not done properly — if the wrong adhesive is used, or the wrong trowel, or if the moisture testing or surface preparation is done incorrectly — you’ve got problems on the way. Having a quality specification is key.
Are you ready to enjoy high-quality, durable, and beautiful floors in your business? Why not contact a professional commercial flooring company for custom advice and free price quotes. Our efficient and trained consultants will take care of everything, so you can get back to business. Contact us today.